We offer a variety of workshops and groups throughout the academic year covering a broad range of issues, whether you are struggling to settle in to life at university or experiencing specific challenges and concerns.
Workshops are one-off sessions in which you can explore strategies for managing common issues. They are run throughout the academic year and are open to any student.
A group consists of a series of sessions, run over several weeks. It is important that you commit to all the sessions as this will help you get the most from the group.
Summer Term Schedule 2018-19
Please check back at the beginning of the 2018/19 Summer Term for details of further groups and worksops or look out for portal announcements via my.bham.
Managing Exam Stress Workshops
Explore practical strategies for coping with stress and anxiety before, during and after your exams.
Ease away your tension whilst learning some simple but effective relaxation techniques for everyday life.
Self and Others Awareness Raising Group (SOAR)
A therapeutic support group for postgraduate students looking to build self-esteem and their develop interpersonal skills. For further information please visit our SOAR group webpage
If there is anything we can do to facilitate your attendance at a workshop or group, please let us know at the time of booking.
What to expect
The workshops and groups will help you:
- Explore any issue(s) and understand how it affects you.
- Think about strategies for managing the issue(s) better in your life.
- Input from the facilitator and relevant handout materials.
- Learning from other participants about their coping strategies.
- Pair-work and group discussion.
The workshops and groups will not provide:
- An instant or overnight solutions.
- A formal presentation on the issue(s) being looked at.
- A therapy-style group (i.e. lots of time to talk about individual problems).
If you have any questions about any of the workshops or groups that we run, please email email@example.com or call 0121 414 5130.