The Westmere Careers Series is a series of events especially for Postgraduate Researchers. Events in the series are designed to help you explore your career options and prepare for a career outside of academia. Some sessions are held in the PGR Hub at Westmere House (G15 on the campus map.) whilst others take place across campus or online.
The series is designed to help you research career options and labour market information, articulate your skills as a PGR to employers beyond academia and to prepare effectively for job applications and interviews outside of academia.
All upcoming workshops as part of Westmere Careers Series are on the Events for Postgraduates page.
- Tuesday 2nd March 2021 (10:00-11:30)
- Online - see Canvas link below
- An interactive webinar for PGT and PGR students. This webinar counts towards the Postgraduate Professional Development Award for PGT students.
- Wednesday 10th March 2021 (14:00-15:30)
- Online: PG Skills Canvas Course
- Get practical tips on how to prepare for, and perform well in, academic and non-academic interviews.
To have a look at the slides or recordings from previous events which have taken place, sign up to the PGR Careers Outside of Academia Canvas course where you will find presentations from past sessions as well as other useful resources.
For other activities going on at Westmere, visit the University Graduate School events page.
If you have any queries relating to the Westmere Careers Series, please contact the PGR Careers Adviser.