The Westmere Careers Series is a series of events especially for Postgraduate Researchers. Events in the series are designed to help you explore your career options and prepare for a career outside of academia. Some sessions are held in the PGR Hub at Westmere House (G15 on the campus map.) whilst others take place across campus.
Events often feature employer guests or external speakers and focus on a range of areas including non-academic career options, articulating your PhD skills to non-academic employers and effective preparation for job applications and interviews outside of academia.
All upcoming workshops as part of Westmere Careers Series are on the Events for Postgraduates page.
- Friday 4th May 2018 (10:00-11:15)
- Arts 119
- Pick up tips and strategies on how to explore the post-PhD career options out there for you at this small-group tutorial.
- Thursday 10th May 2018 (15:00-16:15)
- Mechanical Engineering B07
- Get tips and advice on how to decide your next steps post-PhD at this practical tutorial.
- Wednesday 23rd May 2018 (14:00-16:00)
- Westmere House - Seminar Room (G15 on the Campus map)
- Get practical tips on how to prepare for and perform well in non-academic interviews, exclusively for PGRs.
To have a look at the slides from previous events which have taken place, sign up to the PGR Careers Outside of Academia Canvas course where you will find presentations from past sessions as well as other useful resources.
For other activities going on at Westmere, visit the University Graduate School events page.
If you have any queries relating to the Westmere Careers Series, please contact the PGR Careers Adviser.