Maths online resources
- Khan Academy: video tutorials covering a wide range of topics in mathematics as well as statistics.
- Maths-Aid and sigma: written materials designed for university students.
- BBC Skillswise: Videos, factsheets, and worksheets which focus on key numeracy skills.
- HELM workbooks: PDF workbooks on higher level mathematics.
- Self-enrolment Canvas course: An introductory maths course for engineering students that is also suitable for students on other courses which involve maths.
- Additional mathematics support is available at MathCentre and MathTutor.
Numerical Reasoning resources
We have developed an open-enrolment Canvas course called Preparing for Numerical Reasoning Tests. This course contains practical advice, an overview of numeracy skills, and practice questions.
Additional resources and practice materials can be found on these external sites:
All students have unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning. After activating your profile, you can learn at your own pace with courses such as:
- Statistics Foundations
- SPSS for Academic Research
- Learning R
- Additional statistics support is available at Statstutor and under ‘Research and Information Skills’ in the Canvas Gallery
Birmingham and Nottingham jointly developed a digital resource called Statistics – an Intuitive Introduction. The materials are primarily aimed at students without a statistical background who wish to develop an understanding of the theory and concepts underlying statistical methods and techniques.
For further enquiries, please contact us via email at: email@example.com