All postgraduate researchers are required to have a Data Management Plan (DMP) in place before completing their first annual review (GRS3). This workshop will help you to achieve this by covering the basics of Research Data Management, including:
- Identifying the different types of data you will create during your research
- The security, sensitivity and storage considerations relating to that data
- The FAIR data concept
- Using the DMPOnline tool to create your DMP
If you are in receipt of funding from one of the UK Research Councils, a charity, or have commercial sponsorship, you may find it worthwhile to bring along any existing DMPs relating to the research grant award - this will aid in the development of your own DMP.
This course is aimed at postgraduate researchers who are required to have a Data Management Plan in place before completing their first annual review (GRS3).
- Tuesday 30 November 2021, 13:00-14:30, via Zoom. Booking is through the SuperSaas system - you will need to register for an account the first time you use this.
- In the meantime, you may like to consult our Research Data Management Canvas course.
Please note: all our workshops are subject to a minimum registration requirement. If this is not met the workshop will be cancelled and you will be offered a place on an alternate date.
Postgraduate researchers with disabilities
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any support requirements resulting from a physical, sensory, or hidden disability, mental health, or a specific learning difficulty. We would be happy to provide assistance to ensure your time with us is enjoyable.