Research Data Management (RDM) drop-in sessions
Every week, Library Services offer drop-in sessions for researchers who have queries or want to learn more about Research Data Management.
In-person drop-in sessions are held in the Researchers' Suite, first floor, Main Library. No booking is required, just turn up and ask a Research Data Librarian about Data Management Planning, FAIR data, data repositories and other RDM topics.
Drop-in sessions will take place in the Main Library's Researchers’ Suite on the first floor between 13.00-14.00, on:
- 8 September 2023
- 15 September 2023
- 22 September 2023
- 29 September 2023 (Cancelled)
- 6 October 2023
- 13 October 2023
- 20 October 2023
- 27 October 2023
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Data drop-in sessions
Every month, IT Services offer drop-in sessions for all researchers who are interested in learning more about using BEAR services for research data management.
More information and an overview of forthcoming research data drop-in sessions is available on the BEAR Research Support pages.
Data management plans for postgraduate researchers
This workshop covers all the essential areas of Research Data Management that will help you to create an effective Data Management Plan. It is offered online and in person. Please check the available dates and book your place.
Online training is available through the following routes:
- Library Services Research Skills Team provides a self-enrol Canvas course on RDM.
- Getting started with Research Data Management A brief introduction to RDM, including signposting to tools and training materials. (video duration 5:17)
- Introduction to using DMPonline Find out about the benefits of using the DMPonline tool to write your Data Management Plan. Includes how to access the tool, set up an account, create and write your plan, and how to share your DMP. (video duration 7:11)
- NERC funded DataTree, a free online course on research data management, but also data analysis and visualisation as well as engaging external stakeholders with your data.
- The University of Edinburgh has put together MANTRA, a free online course on Research Data Management.
- An introduction to Research Data Management and Sharing is also provided on Coursera.