Data drop-in sessions
Every month, IT Services offer drop-in sessions for all researchers who are interested in learning more about using BEAR services for research data management.
More information and an overview of forthcoming research data drop-in sessions is available on the BEAR Research Support pages.
Online training is available through the following routes:
- Library Services Research Skills Team provides a self-enrol Canvas course on RDM.
- Getting started with Research Data Management A brief introduction to RDM, including signposting to tools and training materials. (video duration 5:17)
- Introduction to using DMPonline Find out about the benefits of using the DMPonline tool to write your Data Management Plan. Includes how to access the tool, set up an account, create and write your plan, and how to share your DMP. (video duration 7:28)
- NERC funded DataTree, a free online course on research data management, but also data analysis and visualisation as well as engaging external stakeholders with your data.
- The University of Edinburgh has put together MANTRA, a free online course on Research Data Management.
- An introduction to Research Data Management and Sharing is also provided on Coursera.