Am I exempt from paying council tax?

Only full-time registered students are exempt from paying council tax, and even then there are circumstances that may affect this. Generally, you are classed as council tax exempt if you are a full-time student living in a property on your own, or with solely other full-time students. In these circumstances, your household would not pay any council tax.

Part time students, or full time students that share a property with part time or none-students, will not normally receive a full exemption (but may be eligible for a reduction in council tax).

If you have any queries or are unsure, you will need to contact your council directly as only they can confirm whether or not you qualify for an exemption.


Professional Services