I am a PhD student at the writing up stage, am I exempt from council tax?

As a PhD student, you are normally exempt from paying council tax during your minimum period of registration as long as you meet the requirements of being a full-time student.

However, this can change when you progress into the writing up period. It is very important you contact your local council to determine how your writing up status will affect your council tax bill, as the decision lies with the local authority.


Professional Services