How do I apply for a Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)?

When you are applying for student finance, you can click on the option to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances in the main application.

You will then be sent a shortened version of the DSA application form (known as DSA1slim) to complete and return to Student Finance. You can also directly download the shortened (DSA1slim) form from How to Apply for a DSA.

If you are only applying for DSAs and no other form of student finance (e.g. self-funding), you can download the long DSA application (DSA1full) form, complete the whole form and send the whole DSA form to the University; we will then complete section 5 and return to you to send yourself to your funding body. Alternatively, you can send the form along with your evidence to us and we will complete section 5 and send the form and evidence to Student Finance on your behalf.