What can I do if I have concerns about my child?

In the interests of respecting students’ privacy and confidentiality, we are unable to discuss these concerns with you without your son/daughter’s permission. This is a legal requirement (under the 1998 Data Protection Act), with University policy prohibiting the disclosure of an individual's information.

There are only certain situations in which this may not apply and these are dealt with in respect to the University’s duty of care. Whilst we cannot discuss a student’s situation or circumstances with you without their permission, we can contact the student to offer support and advice. It is the student’s responsibility to decide whether to take advantage of this or not.


Professional Services