How do I submit an application to the Student Disability Service?

You can begin the process of accessing support before you arrive at the University of Birmingham by disclosing your dyslexia, dyspraxia or other Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) on your university application form or UCAS form. This will enable us to take steps to arrange any necessary support prior to your arrival.

Please complete the University's application for support with our Student Disability Service, providing diagnostic evidence of your SpLD.

If you are a current student at the University who has just been diagnosed or wishes to disclose and did not do so prior to starting University, please complete the application for support with our Student Disability Service. Please note that there may be deadlines for receiving applications for exam adjustments please see more information on our Disability Service webpages.

If you have any further questions please contact us by email at


Professional Services