When can I make my Student Route Visa application?

The earliest you can submit your application is 3 months before your course starts, but you can start planning straightaway: ensuring you have the correct documents and enough funding in your bank account. You cannot apply without a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number.

Students needing to extend their visas to continue their studies need to request a CAS at least 10 working days in advance of their visa expiry date.

Students applying to extend their visa from within the UK must complete their application and submit it before their visa expires. Overstaying your visa is a criminal offence and will have serious consequences for any future immigration applications that you make, including applications for countries other than the UK.


Professional Services