How do I make my short-term study visa application?

Non-visa nationals can choose whether to apply for entry clearance as a Short Term Student in advance of travelling, or to wait until arriving at the port of entry to the UK and make your request there.  Please note that non-visa nationals should not travel to the UK via Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey without having applied for their visa before travelling. Students should also read our information on e-Passport Gates.

If you are a visa national you must apply for a short-term study visa from outside of the UK by completing an online application form, with the exception of students residing in Cuba or North Korea who will apply in person.

You should then book an appointment at a visa application centre, which may be in a different country. When you attend your appointment you need to take your printed application along with all the required supporting documents.


Professional Services