What documents do I need to apply for a short-term study visa?
Your application may be rejected if your documents do not meet the requirements set by UK Visas and Immigration. All documents must be original copies (not scanned or photocopied) and if documents are not in English then an official certified translation must be provided. The following documents must be included with your application:
- Your current passport as well as any previous passports you have used to travel to the UK
- 2 passport sized colour photographs with your name written on the reverse (see requirements)
- Evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, i.e bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- A short-term study visa letter from the University of Birmingham (you can request one through our Online Shop)
- Proof of your previous study e.g. academic certificates, references, transcripts
- Proof of any English language ability or qualifications
- Translations of any documents that are not in English (see requirements)
- Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
For detailed information on documents you must provide, please see the gov.uk website.