Can I start or continue my studies whilst I am waiting for a visa application decision?

In order to start your course or continue your studies at the University of Birmingham you must be able to demonstrate that you have submitted an application for leave to remain in the UK and that you have the ‘Right to Study’.

You will need to upload a copy of the coversheet of your visa application to IST before commencing study; this is also known as a 'Right to Study check'. This can be completed online at My Right to Study. IST will then confirm if you have the right to study in the UK.


Professional Services