Do I need to transfer my visa to a new passport?

It is not necessary to transfer your visa – you can carry both your old and new passports when travelling to or from the UK.

If you wish to transfer your visa to your new passport, and you are in the UK, you will need to apply for a BRP which will replace the visa you had in your passport. To transfer your visa to a BRP you must apply to transfer your conditions and complete the UKVI Transfer of Conditions 'TOC' form and pay the appropriate application fee.

Please ensure that you provide the University with a copy of any new visas, passports and BRP. You can provide these online at My Right to Study, where they will be saved to your student record by the International Student Team.


Professional Services