If you lose your passport in the UK

If your passport is lost/stolen inside the UK, please report it to the Police online or in person. You will get a crime reference number which you may need to apply for a new passport and new student immigration permission.

Apply for a new passport at your Embassy. A list of all Foreign Embassies' contact details can be found on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website.

If your student visa was in the form of a sticker in your passport, you need to apply for a Transfer of Conditions (TOC) at the Home Office. As part of this application you will need to provide your biometric information and obtain a new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). Bring your new passport and BRP to the Student Hub so that the University can update your records. In addition to this you should update the UKVI (using the Change of circumstances form) to notify them that you have obtained a new passport.


Professional Services