Does my visa permit work during my studies?

If you are in the UK with a short-term study visa you will not be allowed to work whilst you are in the UK.

Many Student Route visa holders are able to work part-time during term-time. If you are a Student Route visa holder you should check what the visa vignette in your passport, or your biometric residence permit (BRP) card says in relation to work restrictions.

You must not work more hours than permitted because this would be a breach of your immigration conditions and is a criminal offence. The Home Office can check whether someone has been working by making unannounced visits to employers and by obtaining information from the tax department, HMRC.


Professional Services