Can I work during vacation periods?

If you are in the UK with a short-term study visa you will not be able to work in the UK.

If you are a Student Route visa holder, your vacation periods, when you can work full time, are the period when you are not required to be studying. This will be different depending on the type of course you are doing. For example, if you are supposed to research and write a dissertation or thesis while other students are on holiday, this is term time for you and you should restrict your work (to the number of hours a week as stated on your visa) during this time.

You must not work more hours than your visa permits. This would be a breach of your immigration conditions and a criminal offence.


Professional Services