Can I work after I finish my studies?

Most students have immigration permission that extends beyond the end of their studies. If you have a Student Route visa you can work full time for this extra period once you have completed your course, however, be aware if you leave the UK you may have difficulties re-entering the UK with your student immigration.  Also, if you finish your course early you may have your visa curtailed (shortened).

If at the end of your course you apply to stay in the UK under a work route you can work full time until your work application is decided.

Options for remaining in the UK to work include:

Please note that the International Student Team is not able to provide detailed advice about switching from a Tier 4 visa after studies.


Professional Services