How do I enter a new 'home' address in the UK?

This is your permanent place of residence and where you will return to during vacations and upon completion of your course. International Students should provide the address in their home country. All students must have an active home address recorded in Online Registration. After completing Online Registration, you can add a new address via My Details.

Selecting the type of address to insert

How to update your address - if your home address is in the UK


You can enter your 'home' address without using the Address Finder. To do this enter the address lines in the fields provided making sure that all mandatory fields are completed and clicking 'Submit' to confirm that the data is accurate.

Online Registration validates the way in which post codes are entered; when entering your post code you must use a recognised UK postcode format (e.g. B1 3LQ or B12 7PZ or WV32 7PS). If you do not do this you will not be able to submit your address as part of Online Registration.

Students should not enter the University of Birmingham (B15 2TT) as their address except in exceptional circumstances.


Professional Services