How do I enter a term-time address that is the same as my home address?
Students returning to the University to continue their studies must enter both a home and term-time address to be able to register. A term-time address is where you will be living during the academic year whilst you are studying on your course. If your home address is the same as your term-time address, you will need to enter it in both sections.
How to enter your term-time address
- You will need to select the type of address to insert on the 'Update Addresses and Telephone Numbers' page.
- Select 'Term-time' address from the drop down menu and then click 'New Address'.
- This will take you to the 'Update Addresses and Telephone Numbers - Update / Insert' page.
- Click on the 'Copy Home Address button' in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
- You will now see that your existing home address has been entered into the fields.
- Take care to check that the valid from and valid until dates are accurate.
- An address end date will be automatically entered for you. This will be the end of the current academic session. If this is not correct please over-type this date with the correct end date for your address. Make sure that you enter the date in the format dd/mm/yyy.
- You will need to select the type of accommodation that best describes your term-time address in the 'Accommodation Type' field. If you do not do this the changes you have made to your address will not be saved and you will need to re-enter your address information. The Accommodation Type options are as follows:
- University owned property (if your term-time address is University provided accommodation)
- Private-sector halls (if your term-time address is private student accommodation)
- Other rented accommodation (if your term-time address is a privately rented property that isn't rented on a permanent basis)
- Parental / guardian home (if your term-time address is the same as your home address and your parents / guardians own or rent the property)
- Own permanent residence (if your term-time address is the same as your home address and you permanently own or rent the property)
- Not known (if you are unsure as to which of the other options apply)
- Other (if none of the other options apply)
- You can also enter the telephone number for your address in the field provided
- If your address is in the UK you do not need to select a 'Nation' type.
Once you have entered all of the required fields click 'Submit' and you will be redirected to the 'Select Address' page where you can view your changes.