How do I add a new Emergency Contact?
Where do I enter my Emergency Contact?
- In Online Registration, select option 3 'Emergency Contact Details'. This will open the Update Emergency Contacts page.
- Click on 'New Contact' to enter your Emergency Contact and their details
How do I enter my Emergency Contact?
The priority field informs the University in what order you wish it to contact your Emergency Contacts, should it need to do so. If you have multiple Emergency Contacts you can amend the Priority by selecting a record and overtyping the Priority value - this will re-order the priorities of your other Emergency Contacts.
- Insert the full name of your Emergency Contact into the 'Name' field.
- Select the value from the drop down menu that best describes the relationship between you and your Emergency Contact (e.g. parent)
- If your Emergency Contact lives in the UK you can use the 'Find UK Address' function to complete the Emergency Contact Address fields. This works in a slightly different way to the 'Update Addresses' page. To find a UK address enter the first line of the address in the Address Line 1 field, enter the first 3 digits of the postcode in the 'Zip or Postcode' field and then clcik 'Find UK Addess'. This will then ask you to select the adress you wish to insert from a drop down menu and then click 'Accept Address'.
- You must enter a valid phone number before submitting your changes; if this is not done an error message will be displayed and you may need to re-enter the address details.
- If your Emergency Contact Address is not in the UK you can enter the details manually - if you do this you will be required to select the nation in which your Emergency Contact resides.