How do I get a copy of my transcript?

After completion

If you are awarded a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree, you will be given a certificate and transcript during your graduation ceremony. Graduation ceremonies are normally held in July or December in Birmingham, in July in Jinan, or in November in Dubai and Singapore. If you do not attend the ceremony (or your degree is conferred by Special Warrant), you will be given the opportunity to have your certificate and transcript posted to you afterwards. For further information, please see graduation documents.

If you are awarded a "non-graduatable" qualification, please see: Will I still receive a certificate and transcript if I am awarded a non-graduatable qualification?

At other times

You can order additional copies of your transcript during your studies, or after you complete, by visiting the Secure Documents website (Verify), provided your course started in 2002 or later. As well as ordering transcripts in hard copy, this site also allows you to view, share and download electronic copies of your transcript. To access this site, you will need your university login details. These login details will still work beyond completion; however, you must enter your email address in the format if you are no longer a current student. If you no longer have your login details, or you have any problems logging in, please log a call with our IT Service Desk to retrieve or reset your details.

If your course started before 2002, replacement transcripts can be ordered from the University Online Shop.

Special arrangements


Professional Services