I am getting an error message
Personal Details errors
We are aware of some students receiving the following (or similar) errors relating to the Personal Details page upon trying to complete the Declaration:
- You cannot register. You have not entered your caring responsibilities. You must select a value before you are eligible to register with the University of Birmingham. Please return to the Personal Details page and enter details.
- You cannot register. You have not entered a Preferred Personal Email Address. You must enter a Preferred Personal Email Address before you are eligible to register with the University of Birmingham. Please return to the Personal Details page and enter details.
Troubleshooting Personal Details errors
In order to help resolve these errors, please carry out the following steps:
- Go to the Personal Details page of your Online Registration.
- Ensure that all fields have been completed.
- In particular, please check that you have answered “yes” or “no” to the question: “Please select ‘Yes’ from the drop-down list, if you are an undergraduate student paying 100% of your Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance.”
- Please also ensure that you have completed all mandatory fields (with the red asterisks).
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll to the top of the page and check you have received a confirmation message that says “Your changes have been made successfully.”
- Go to the Declaration page and submit your Online Registration.
If you are still experiencing persistent errors after following the above steps, please click the ‘Contact Us’ link below to provide us with details of your issue, including a screenshot where possible.