What happens after I have submitted my application?

If you have applied for a Short-term Study Visa overseas before you travel, you should receive a Short-term study visa vignette in your passport.

If you apply for a Short-term study visa at the port of entry to the UK, the Immigration Officer will stamp your passport with a Short-term study visitor visa stamp. If they do not do this, you must ask if they can. It is important that if you apply for the visa when you enter the UK you make it clear to the Immigration Officer that you intend to study here. You will also have to declare this on a landing card.

If you have applied for a Short-term Study Visa to study an English language course for up to 11 months, you may be given an entry clearance visa for 30 days, and you will be required to collect a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card within 10 days of arrival into the UK. Please read the instructions on how to have your BRP card sent to the University of Birmingham.


Professional Services