What do I need to know about the USA travel ban?

What is the USA travel ban?

The USA has imposed travel bans on nationals from the following countries who face a 90-day visa suspension:

How is the University assisting students affected by the ban?

As part of our service the IST offer free and confidential appointments on immigration and other related issues to University of Birmingham students.

You can book an appointment to see an IST advisor. During the appointment, the IST will offer specialist advice on a wide range of issues including immigration and travel.

If you would prefer you could email your question to the IST via the student help portal www.studenthelp.bham.ac.uk

What do I do if I am a study abroad student and may be affected by the ban?

Students who are currently on exchange at a US institution or are going on an exchange in 2017/18, and have dual nationality that includes one of the seven countries please email the Study Abroad Office: outgoingstudyabroad@contacts.bham.ac.uk.

Where can I get additional information or support regard the ban?


Professional Services