What support is available to help me pay my tuition fees?
There are various different support schemes available depending on your level of study and nationality:
There are a variety of payment options available for paying your tuition fees, including by instalments.
- The UK Government offers a Tuition Fee Loan via the Student Loans Company (SLC) to all UK undergraduate students, giving you the opportunity to borrow any amount up to the full cost of your tuition fees.
- UK postgraduate students can apply for a Postgraduate Loan (for either Masters or PhD). This is paid directly to the student and how you use it is up to you.
- EU students who started their studies from 2021/22 will not be able to access these loans, with some exceptions as detailed on the government's website.
- Students from Canada and America can use international student loan schemes of their home countries to support their studies at the University of Birmingham.
- The University offers a number of scholarships and awards to UK, EU and International students, some of which can help with tuition fees. Please consult the undergraduate funding database or the postgraduate funding database for further information.