What evidence do I need to provide of specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia?

You must submit a full diagnostic assessment report produced by an Educational Psychologist or suitably qualified Specialist Teacher Assessor. A JCQ Form 8 Application for Access Arrangements is not sufficient. The assessor must be qualified to complete assessments suitable for higher education (and DSA purposes, for UK students) and hold a current Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) certificate. The report must meet the criteria in our Accessing Support guide.

Assessment reports produced outside the UK will be considered on a case by case basis. They must be available in English / translated in full by a certificated translation service. Please see our Student Disability Service evidence guidelines for more information.


Professional Services