How do I obtain a formal diagnosis of a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia?

Students who decide to have a full, post-16 diagnostic assessment are responsible for arranging and paying for it themselves. The University is unable to recommend or endorse any particular assessment provider but organisations that may be able to assist include:

Costs may vary and not all assessors can investigate the full range of SpLDs (e.g. dyspraxia and dyscalculia). Please ensure that the assessor is experienced in identifying the SPLD(s) you want them to consider.

The assessor must be qualified to complete post-16, full diagnostic assessments (suitable for higher education and DSA purposes (for UK students)) and hold a current Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) certificate.


Professional Services