Do I need to send a Course Abroad form to Student Finance?

The University of Birmingham submits confirmation of year abroad placements to Student Finance electronically. This is a secure method and enables Student Finance to process requests efficiently. Therefore, we do not need to forward your completed Course Abroad Form to Student Finance.

Student Finance will process your funding correctly, providing that you indicated on your initial funding application that you will be undertaking a year abroad as part of your programme.

If you are unsure if your year abroad details have been provided to Student Finance, please email with your year abroad placement information in order for a member of the TSA Team to check your record and where applicable, confirm your year abroad study / placement information to Student Finance.


Professional Services