How do I find out about what classes I can study?

You can access one of the widest ranges of study areas available at any UK institution and the majority of our classes are open to incoming exchange and study abroad students, providing you meet entry requirements. The only exceptions are classes within our College of Medical and Dental Sciences (this college is not open to incoming exchange and study abroad students), and you must have a Law background or experience of studying Law to register to Law classes at the University of Birmingham, even if the Law classes are optional for your study plan.

You should choose classes that are suitable for your level, interests and relevant to your subject specialism. Enrolment in advanced level modules typically requires you to have a specific level of background knowledge in the subject area.

You will need to demonstrate that you have taken the relevant equivalent study at your home institution in order to be enrolled. We will review your home institution transcript before registering you for your chosen subject areas.<.p>


Professional Services