Secure Documents website: how do I share my degree documents?
You can share your degree documents with other institutions or employers using the "connections" functionality. This allows the recipient to view your degree documents using their account on our website, so can be confident they are genuine. To share your degree documents:
- Go to the Secure Documents website (Verify), click "student and graduate login", and log in with your university login details. These login details will still work beyond completion; however, you must enter your email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org if you are no longer a current student. If you no longer have your login details, or you have any problems logging in, please log a call with our IT Service Desk to retrieve or reset your details.
- Click on "View Secure Documents"
- Click on the menu button (grey button with three lines on) next to the qualification that you wish to share documents for. Then click on "eCertificate", "eTranscript" or "eGPA". The document should then appear on the screen. Check that it appears as you are expecting it to, then click on the cross on the top-right of the document to close it. If anything does not look correct, or you cannot get the document to appear, please contact us using the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page, and do not proceed further with these instructions until you have received a reply from us.
- Repeat step 3 if you are sharing more than one document (for example, you are sharing both a certificate and a transcript, or if you have more than one degree from us.)
- Once you are happy with all the documents, click on "connections", at the top centre of the page.
- Click on "add connection".
- Fill in details of the organisation you are sharing with. If you have not been given a named person to send them to, please enter the name of the organisation in the "first name" and "last name" boxes as well as the "company" name. It is very important that the email address is correct - please check this with the organisation you are sharing with if you are not sure. Please also be careful not to include any extra spaces or characters before or after the email address, or the connection will not work.
- On the right of the page, it will show all the degree documents you have available to share, and by default, it will share all of them. Untick any that you do not wish to share.
- Click "send".
After you click "send", the organisation will receive an automated email from us, notifying them that they can view your degree documents in their account until the expiry date you specified, and explaining how to access them.
After a connection has been set up, the "connections" screen can be used to manage who has access to your documents, for how long, and access can be revoked at any time.
If the recipient organisation have any problems accessing your documents after you have carried out these instructions, please ask them to contact us at email@example.com for help.