Your CV and covering letter are important marketing tools in your job search.
You may only have seconds to catch an employer’s attention, so they need to be effective, persuasive documents to make an impact.
Further CV & covering letter support
If you would like support in preparing your CV or cover letter, book an appointment with an applications adviser and bring a draft copy along to your meeting.
Come along to a 'Top Tips' 30 minute session or specialist CV workshop designed to give you the confidence and tools to create effective documents. Check out the Apply Yourself events page for upcoming events & workshops.
Our Apply Yourself Canvas course: CVs and Covering Letters, introduces advice on how to structure your documents, what to include and how to effectively evidence the skills, achievements, experience and enthusiasm that make you suitable .
Quick guides: download & keep
These downloadable quick guides will help you to prepare for an application, interviews & assessment centres, and also help you create a great CV and covering letter.
Job application, interview & career planning workshops
Come along to one of our drop-in sessions below:
- Wednesday 21st March 2018 (13:15-13:45)
- Muirhead Tower - Room 118
- Top Tips to a great CV in 30 minutes. Maximise your impact.
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 (11:15-11:45)
- Learning Centre UG05
- Top Tips for Interview Success in 30 Minutes. Gain confidence to present yourself.
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 (15:00-17:00)
- Careers Network Seminar Room G30 Aston Webb
- Hints and tips for success at assessment centres from PwC