The Gateway To Work Experience Bursary is open all year round and will close once all funding has been allocated.
To apply for the Bursary students will be required to submit one application form which primarily asks for the following:
- Your personal details (e.g. name, ID number, email address, etc)
- Your work experience opportunity details (e.g. organisation name, location, etc)
- Summary of your work experience opportunity (max 50 words)
- An application question (max 400 words): How will the proposed work experience contribute towards your personal and professional development, as well as your future career aspirations?
- A budget outlining how much funding you will require
- As part of this budget it is vital that applicants undertake some research into the costs included to support in justifying the amount being requested
Please note that if you require £100 or less from the bursary, you will not need to answer the application question highlighted above in your form.
To support you with answering the application question to the best of your ability please find some guidance below:
Question title: How will the proposed work experience contribute towards your personal and professional development, as well as your future career aspirations?
You are encouraged to identify the types of skills you will develop and how the experience will help you achieve your career goals. If you do not have a specific career goal at present, how will your work experience help you to develop your skills and employability? How will this internship build on any previous work experience?
If you have undertaken work experience in the past, tell us how this opportunity will enable you to develop different and additional skills and experiences. If you have received a work experience bursary previously, please state how this opportunity is different and builds upon any previous skills & experience. Please include specific and detailed examples to reinforce your answers
Careers Network hosts a wide range of resources to support with answering application form questions, as well as other stages of the recruitment process. We would strongly encourage you to explore these resources prior to submitting your application and if you would like your answers reviewing you can either email us or book an application advice appointment with an adviser. You can find all our recruitment resources on the Careers Network website.