Open to undergraduates in their penultimate year. Plus medical and dental science students in their third or fourth year.
Re-opens in March 2018.
The Alumni Leadership Mentoring Programme is a unique one year opportunity to learn from one of our expert Birmingham alumni mentors, by receiving tailored advice to help you maximise the rest of your time at university.
It is about more than giving advice, it’s about motivating and empowering and helping you to understand yourself and your aims – and how you can get there.
- Gain real insight into a sector and a management role within this
- Establish a professional relationship whilst still at university
- Sound out your ideas and goals
- Meet fellow students with a similar strive to succeed after graduation
How to apply
Applications re-open in March 2018.
Choose your mentor
Our mentors have a wealth of experience to offer and cross over a number of different sectors. Please see below a list of our mentors (we will have their full profile added soon):
- Professor Alan Boyd (Biochemistry, 1977) - Founder of Boyds
- Alan Davey (English, 1972) - Controller, BBC Radio 3
- Andrew Garner (Industrial Economics and Business Studies, 1965) - Executive Search and Career Management Consultant
- Dr Andrew Vallance-Owen (Medicine, 1976) - Former Bupa Group Medical Director and Bupa Foundation Deputy Chair
- Dr Barry Cockcroft (Dentistry, 1973) - Retired Chief Dental Officer, currently non-executive director at UK Corporate provider of dentistry ‘MyDentist’
- Baroness Doreen Massey (PGCE, Education, 1962; BA, French Language & Literature, 1961) - Labour Peer in the House of Lords and member of the Parliamentary Delegation to the Council of Europe
- Cilla Snowball CBE (French, 1981) - Group Chairman and Group CEO, AMV BBDO
- Dr Jane Collins (Medicine, 1978) - Chief Executive, Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Jane Lodge (Geological Sciences, 1976) - Non-Executive Director and former Partner, Deloitte
- Louise Barnes (French, 1986) - CEO, Crew Clothing Company
- Luciana Berger (BCom Commerce with Spanish, 2004) - Labour and Co-operative Member of Parliament for Liverpool Wavertree
- Lucy Baldwin (Economics, 2004) - Managing Director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Martin Devenish MBE (Industrial Economics & Business Studies, 1986) - Board Member of S-RM, formerly known as Salamanca Risk Management
- Mayank Patel (PG Diploma, Business Administration, 1990) - Group Chairman and CEO - Azibo Group
- Phyllida Lloyd CBE (Drama and English, 1979; DLitt, Honorary Degree, 2009) - Director of plays, opera and film
- Dr Rowan Hillson MBE (Medicine, 1974) - National Clinical Director for Diabetes 2008-2013
- Sam Baker (Political Science, 1987) - Former editor in chief for Red Magazine, Co-Founder and editor of ‘The Pool’
- Dr Sam Decombel (Biological Sciences (Genetics), 2007) - Co-Founder and CSO of FitnessGenes Limited
- Sarah Cox (BCom, Commerce, 1988) - Chief Operating Officer, Ofgem
- Simon Halsey (DMus, Honorary Degree, 2008) - Chorus Director, City of Birmingham Symphony Choruses
- Professor Steve Field (Medicine, 1982) - Chief Inspector of General Practice, Care Quality Commission
- Terry Morgan CBE (Engineering/Industrial Management) - Chairman of Crossrail
- Valerie Hughes-D'Aeth (BCom, Commerce, 1981) - HR Director, BBC