University of Birmingham students and staff can borrow laptops from the Dental Hospital. They are self-service and can be borrowed from lockers located in the Learning Zone. They can be loaned for four hours at a time.
You can also borrow laptops at the Doug Ellis Hub of the Medical School, and in the Main Library.
Conditions of use
- Laptops are only available whilst the library is open.
- Please make sure you return your laptop before 17:00.
- Once issued, the laptop is your responsibility, which includes liability for any damage, loss or theft and which may result in a fine or charge for repair or the full replacement value of £640 + VAT.
- Do not leave a laptop unattended at any time or loan it to anyone else.
- Whilst using a laptop you must adhere to the General Conditions of Use of Computing and Network Facilities.
- If there is an issue with a laptop you should notify a member of Library staff immediately.
- Library Services cannot be held responsible for damage to files or data loss incurred whilst using the laptop.
- The laptop is for personal use only. You may not borrow on behalf of someone else.
- No personal software or programs may be loaded on to the laptops.
- The laptop loan service is only available to registered University of Birmingham staff and students who are in possession of a University ID.