Students and staff can borrow laptops to use in the Main Library. They are self-service and can be borrowed from lockers located in the Library Information Centre. They can be loaned for four hours at a time, whenever the library is open.
- The laptops are supported by IT Services and have the same software as cluster PCs.
- Find out current availability online.
- The lockers charge as well as store the laptops, and only issue laptops once they have charged up.
- The laptops are issued to your library account for a period of four hours.
- If you need a laptop for longer than four hours, return the one you are using and borrow a fully charged one.
- You need your University ID card to borrow a laptop. You swipe your card at the locker unit, and the locker with your laptop in it will be indicated to you by flashing lights. You swipe your card again on the tower to open the door.
- There 96 loanable laptops.
- Laptops which are lost, stolen or damaged will be subject to a replacement fee.
- DO NOT place anything other than your returned laptop in the locker.
- Make sure you log out of the laptop before returning it.
Please read our full terms and conditions.