There are some simple but effective strategies that can be followed to maximise the chance of your work being read.
- Write a good title and abstract paying attention to the keywords that search engines will pick up
- Use the correct institutional affiliation and create an ORCID to distinguish yourself from researchers with a similar name
- Maximise your readership by making your work openly accessible and publish in a title indexed by major citation services such as Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar. Use UlrichsWeb, available via Findit to find get an idea of the content coverage of a specific title, or to search for titles which cover your discipline.
- Contact the University Press Office in good time in advance of your publication date.
- Include a link in your paper to underlying research data and materials. This will make your paper more attractive.
- Use social media to reach a wide audience.
Library Services offers face-to-face training:
Learn online now with our Influential Researcher Canvas course