Welcome to Legal Services
Legal Services is part of Corporate Services and provides in-house legal advice to the University.
Advice is provided on a wide range of issues including the following although this list is not exhaustive:
- The many contracts which the University enters into (including issues relating to procurement, intellectual property, and research contracts)
- Property matters International collaborations
- Equality legislation
- Charitable and corporate governance matters,
- Drafting policies and Regulations,
- Legal issues arising in student appeals, discipline cases and Fitness to Practise,
- The Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act,
- Child Protection issues.
In an effort to improve the service that we offer to our clients Legal Services has introduced an Advice Request Form (login required).
Legal Services hopes that the use of this form will improve the logging and monitoring of incoming work. Completed Advice Request Forms should be forwarded to email@example.com Please could you either print off this form and attach it to your written request for advice, or copy and paste it into your emailed request for assistance.
The solicitors within Legal Services can act as Commissioners for Oaths and swear documents for both staff and students; however Legal Services cannot advise individual members of staff or students in personal matters.
Legal Services should be consulted before advice from external solicitors is required and they will liaise with external firms as necessary and in accordance with the protocol (login required).