Business Engagement and Research Impact
A Russell Group first, bringing together Research Impact with the Business Engagement (BERI) team will create an innovative and vibrant hub from which we will engage partners from policy organisations through to industry, to facilitate industry/academic collaboration, deliver impact, income and influence and to broker international and interdisciplinary partnerships.
Why engage with industry for collaborative research?
- To drive research innovation
- To gain access to specialist knowledge and equipment
- To diversify research income
- To maximise REF and individual impact
- To help solve global business challenges
- To expand your research group
How can BERI support academics with industry engagement?
- Provision of background information on existing business relationships and insight on company and sector priorities; advice on how to structure research partnerships and methods to engage other partners from across the research ecosystem to develop successful research collaborations with impact.
- Liaising with companies on commercial arrangements on your behalf (e.g. project pricing, contracting mechanisms, processes and timescale expectation) and completion of company due diligence checks.
- Collaboration with wider RSSD support teams to expedite processes (e.g., Worktribe project records, contract requests etc.)
- Raise awareness of your research with business stakeholders