If you lose your passport which contains your full UK visa outside the UK

You should try and keep important documents like your passport and BRP safe whilst travelling abroad. However in the unlikely event that this goes missing you need to do the following:

  1. Report the loss of your passport to the police and obtain a police report (translated into English)
  2. Report the loss of your passport to your country embassy, to get a replacement passport
  3. If your immigration permission (visa) was in a form of a vignette (a sticker) in your passport and you need to return to the UK, then you will need to make an application for a ‘Vignette Transfer’ online. The current cost for this is £189.
  4. When completing the online form you should select the following:
    • Reason for visit: Other
    • Visa Type: Others
    • Visa Sub Type: Vignette transfer

You do not need to provide a CAS number or evidence of funds, qualifications etc. (unless requested by UKVI to show no change of circumstances) However you will need to submit a letter confirming you are studying at Birmingham, along with a photocopy of your evidence of leave and your police report.

You will need to enrol your biometrics again as part of the application.

You can also check how long applications are taking in the country you are applying in.


Professional Services