I have booked an assessment session, what happens next?
There is no need for you to book onto an assessment session. Instead you can visit one of Wellbeing drop-in sessions, which are available every day, Monday to Friday.
At our drop-in sessions you can meet with our staff to discuss any emotional and personal concerns you may have, and decide what support will be most useful for you. At these sessions, our staff will ensure that you are given immediate practical advice and support and/or are assessed to gain further more in-depth support from our range of services which include Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing teams.
For more information please visit our drop-in sessions intranet page.
If you need more urgent support, please contact your GP.
There are several potential outcomes to your assessment session:
- We may ask you to complete a registration form for further counselling or wellbeing support
- We may suggest that you contact your GP
- We may suggest that you contact Guild Advice at the Guild
- We may suggest that you register for one of our groups or workshops
- We may recommend that you read a book from the Wellbeing Collection (located in the main library)
- We may direct you to our Mental Health Advisory Service
- We may direct you to your personal or welfare tutor
Sometimes an assessment session is enough and you may not need further support
Thank you. We are glad this answered your question