I have booked an assessment session, what happens next?
Students can now register directly with the service online via the counselling and wellbeing website. On receipt of registration forms, students will be allocated to the most appropriate service.
If you need more urgent support, please contact your GP.
There are several potential outcomes to your assessment session:
- We may ask you to complete a registration form for further counselling or wellbeing support
- We may suggest that you contact your GP
- We may suggest that you contact Guild Advice at the Guild
- We may suggest that you register for one of our groups or workshops
- We may recommend that you read a book from the Wellbeing Collection (located in the main library)
- We may direct you to our Mental Health Advisory Service
- We may direct you to your personal or welfare tutor
Sometimes an assessment session is enough and you may not need further support
Thank you. We are glad this answered your question