What do I have to do to get support?

In order to be considered for reasonable adjustments whilst studying at university, you will need to provide a post-16 full diagnostic assessment report carried out by an Educational Psychologist or appropriately qualified specialist teacher assessor; this is an assessment report to determine whether you have a learning difficulty. Please see our Student Disability Service for more information.

Examples of reasonable adjustments are:

Your Disability Advisor will write to the Reasonable Adjustments Contact in your School outlining other reasonable adjustments that may be required e.g. lecture outlines and reading materials in advance.

It’s important that you apply as soon as possible so that we can discuss your requirements with you and ensure support and adjustments are in place for you when you need them. Please note that there may be deadlines for receiving applications for exam adjustments please see more information on our Disability Service webpages.


Professional Services