How do I apply for council tax exemption?

If your local council is Birmingham City Council, you can telephone them to arrange exemption. We have an agreement in place to make the process easier for students, whereby we supply them with a list detailing all our currently registered students.

You need to call 0121 303 1113 and ensure you have the following details:

The council will check the details you provide against the list before applying any discounts to your household.

If your local council is any other council, you will normally be asked to complete a form, and may be asked to supply a student certificate. The council website should give you all the information you need, and we can supply the student certificate if you request this from the Aston Webb Student Hub, C Block of Aston Webb, Edgbaston Campus.