All students/graduates who are being coached as part of the Transformation West Midlands project are eligible to apply for financial assistance to help support with the development of skills and progression to a graduate career.
This is normally limited to £100, and is assessed on an individual basis in discussion with the Progression Coach, and the Project Manager.
Before applying for funding, you must discuss your requirements for funding with your Progression Coach who will assess the suitability of your claim(s).
What the Transformation Fund covers
Examples of what the funding can cover, include but are not limited to:
- Travel costs to and from an interview/internship/placement/voluntary experience/conference
- International travel to secure international work experience
- Accommodation costs (e.g. to undertake an assessment centre outside the West Midlands region)
- DBS check fees, UCAS application fees, etc.
- Registration or membership with a professional organisation/body
- Childcare cover for an interview
- Fees for short courses
What the Transformation Fund does not cover
Examples of what the funding cannot cover, include but are not limited to:
- Capital and electronic items (e.g. photography equipment, laptop, software & recording equipment)
- Tuition fees which contribute towards your current undergraduate course or any further study postgraduate courses you wish to undertake
- Rent and/or mortgage payments
- Utilities and other day-to-day living costs
Please note, the above are just examples of what can and cannot be claimed for. If you would like to claim for something which is not listed above or you are unsure of, please discuss with your Progression Coach.
How to apply to the Transformation Fund
Make sure you read the Transformation Fund - Guidance for applicants & Progression Coaches before applying.
To apply, coachees are asked to complete the Transformation Fund claim proposal form.
If you have any queries about the Transformation Fund, please email your Progression Coach: