An increasing number of e-books are becoming available to readers as free open access.
A number use similar publishing models similar to open access journals, but the move towards open access books is still at a relatively early stage.
Search open access books
Open access book publishers
- InTechOpen: hundreds of free open access books in the fields of science, technology and medicine.
- Open Book Publishers: monographs and textbooks in the humanities and social sciences
- SpringerOpen: books in a wide range of areas within science, technology and medicine (STM).
Other publishers retain a traditional book publishing model, but have some additional fully open access titles.
Examples of open access book titles include:
- The Computer Revolution in Philosophy, Science and Models of Mind by Sloman, A.
- Cultural Heritage Ethics by Sandis, C. (ed.)
- Digital Humanities Pedagogy by Hirsch, B. D.
- Fungal Disease in Britain and the United States 1850-2000 by Homei, A. and Worboys, M.
- Open Access: Open Problems by De Robbio, A., Law, D., et al.
- Open Access by Suber, P.
- A Time Travel Dialogue by Carroll, J. W., et al.
Email: Scholarly Communications Services