- LibKey Nomad is a simple to install browser plug-in which automatically identifies whether articles found on the internet are available via University of Birmingham subscriptions. If not, it will attempt to identify an available Open Access version.
- Open Access Button: browser bookmarklet which registers when people hit a paywall to an academic article and cannot access it, and will find and open access alternative.
- Unpaywall: browser extension which links users to open access versions of scholarly articles and avoid paywalls.
- CORE is a database aggregating records for millions of Open Access articles from across the world. It can be searched and filtered like other library databases.
- FindIt@Bham includes tools which identify Open Access versions of articles which may not be available via library subscriptions.
- Open Access Directory: factual list about open access.
- Open Society Foundations Access to Knowledge: provides practical guidance for academic authors interested in making their work open access.
Open access images
- Vecteezy: image search engine tailored to efficiently locate images for blogs, comps, inspiration, and research.
- Xpert attribution tool: adds correct Creative Commons licence information to open access images to enable easy attribution.
Open educational resources
- Xpert repository: collections of open educational learning resources made freely available for sharing and reuse from a variety of institutions around the world.
Reports on open access
Email: Scholarly Communications Services