The Programmes and Modules Handbook is a database containing all programmes and modules available by programme cohort year, searchable by School, Department, and level. Please note that the Programmes and Modules Handbook and the Module search facility (below) are unavailable between 20:30 and 23:30 GMT daily, due to essential routine database maintenance.
The Module search provides the facility to search for a module or group of modules available as options in the current academic year.
- A search using the School Index function will return results for a cohort of students who started in a particular academic year. Entering the academic year that you were admitted to the programme will show information that is relevant to you in each year of your programme. It is important that first of all the Level tick box (indicating Postgraduate or Undergraduate) programmes on the main page is checked; the page will then refresh giving the available list of Schools. Clicking on a School will highlight it and show the list of available programmes and years. To start another search, click back to the main page and check the relevant boxes.
- The Search function will return details of a specific module in a specific academic year. Entering the academic year in which you plan to take the module will yield the information that is relevant to you.
- Ensure that you enter only the last five digits of the module code in the search box on the module search page, for example 23456 if the full Banner code is 01 23456. The first two digits are the subject area indicator but it is the last five digits that are the unique part of the code.
Tips if No Results are Returned
- If searching for a programme, ensure the Level tick box (indicating Postgraduate or Undergraduate) on the main page is checked; the page will then refresh giving the available list of Schools.
- The handbook only shows information for taught programmes; for information about Postgraduate research programmes please contact your School directly.
- The programme or module may no longer be active, or inactive in the year in which the search is being made. Select another year and search again, if there is still no return contact the School to check the status of the programme or module as it may have been withdrawn completely.
- Ensure that you enter only the last five digits of the module code in the search box on the module search page.
Please contact the Curriculum Management Team (email@example.com) if you encounter any of the following:
- The module codes in the programme requirements are not linked to module descriptions.
- The programme or module title does not appear in full or is not easily recognisable.
- The semester in which the module will be delivered is not specified.
If you are unable to access the Programmes and Modules Handbook and the module search facility outside the specified downtime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving the exact time the attempt was made and quoting the error message received. Your query will be followed up as quickly as possible.