Shut up & Work
- Westmere PGR Hub
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
Are you frustrated about not reaching your writing goals? Writing can be challenging and can sometimes make us feel like we are the only one struggling to make progress. Mutual support and encouragement can be very helpful for your progress as a writer and a postgraduate researcher.
Our Shut up & Work sessions aim to help you work more productively in a supportive environment. You come along, set your targets for the day and work in a supportive environment until you achieve your targets. Your targets do not only need to focus on writing, but can be any aspect related to your research e.g. reading, data analysis, planning etc. You can learn more about our Shut up and Work sessions in this blog post.
Each session starts at 09:30 and finishes at 16:30 and has coffee breaks to allow you to recharge and network with other postgraduate researchers without feeling guilty.
Shut up & Work sessions are scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- Thursday 14 November 2019
- Tuesday 26 November 2019
- Friday 6 December 2019
- Thursday 23 January 2020
- Wednesday 12 February 2020
- Tuesday 25 February 2020
Shut up and Work Extra sessions:
- Tuesday 29 October 2019 (17:30-21:00)
- Tuesday 5 November 2019 (17:30-21:00)
- Tuesday 12 November 2019 (17:30-21:00)
- Tuesday 19 November 2019 (17:30-21:00)
All sessions take place in the Westmere Seminar Room (Building G15 on campus map) and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please email Dr. Eren Bilgen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your place.