Visas and immigration

International studentVisa and immigration information for international students at the University of Birmingham. 

Warnings and alerts

Getting a visa to study in the UK
How to apply for or extend a student visa, and what visas are available for study in the UK.

Your family's immigration
Information on how you can apply for your dependants to come to the UK and on how to make a dependant's visa extension application from within the UK.

Travelling abroad
Information on visas to travel to other countries and what to do if your visa is lost or stolen abroad.

Visitors and graduation
Information on how to get immigration permission for people to visit you in the UK during your course or to attend your graduation.

Police registration
Information on who must register with the police, how to do this, and when you need to inform the police of changes.

Visa correction scheme
In some circumstances if a mistake has been made in issuing your entry clearance (visa to enter the UK), it may be possible to have this corrected free of charge.

Tier 4 Sponsor

The University of Birmingham has a licence to sponsor students under Tier 4 (students) of the UK Points-Based System.